Back to Earth Weekend Retreat
A wonderful Weekend Retreat combining SUP Yoga & Hiking
AMC Lonesome Lake Hut, White Mountain National Forest
We will meet at the trailhead early Saturday morning for a 1.6 mile guided hike to the Lonesome Lake AMC Hut. Once we arrive, we will check in, unpack our belongings and get our bearings on our surroundings and home-base for the weekend. Mid morning, we will enjoy a very unique SUP Yoga class on Lonesome Lake, nestled in the mountains and surrounded by mother nature. Enjoy lunch on your own and spend the afternoon as you wish, hiking around the area, relaxing with a book, or swimming in the lake. A family style dinner will be served at 6 PM. After dinner, enjoy an optional educational nature lecture by a AMC staff member, stargazing or board game playing – you choose how to spend your evening. Lights out at 9:30 PM 🙂
On Sunday, enjoy waking up to a yummy hot breakfast followed by a sunrise SUP Yoga class held on the lake. After breakfast, enjoy the day as you wish. We will have the option to gain some elevation and hike North and/or South Kinsman or Cannon Mountains, or take it easy and enjoy a nature walk, or relax by the lake. You may head back to the trailhead at any time (with a buddy) on Sunday and depart at your leisure.
This retreat offering is something extremely unique that has not been done before! This is the first time a SUP Yoga class will be held in AMC territory and we are very excited to offer this to you this summer! If you are looking to connect with nature, yourself and other like minded souls or if you just need to “get grounded” and “back to earth,” this retreat is for you!
Getting back to nature can do countless positive things for your body, mind and soul. It can leave you feeling grounded, rested, relaxed, rejuvenated, connected to the earth and to others, and so much more. Join us for this weekend retreat in nature and nourish your mind, body and soul.
“In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”
COST PER PERSON $259 INCLUDES:
- 2 day / 1 overnight stay at Lonesome Lake AMC Hut (bunk accommodations with shared baths)
- 1 Dinner, served family style at 6:00 p.m. sharp
- 1 Breakfast, served family style at 7:00 a.m. sharp
- 2 SUP Yoga classes
- 1 (on land) Yoga class
- Guided Hiking
- Pillow and wool blanket
- 1 Educational nature lecture
- Lunch. Bring your own, otherwise snack items, soup, baked goods are available for sale from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Linens, sleeping bag, bath towel, beach towel. You may bring your own if you choose.
For your information:
- Enclosed gender-specific washrooms have cold running water (no hot showers onsite.
- Dinner and breakfast are included in your rate – you may wish to bring your own snack and lunch items, or buy snack items, soup, or baked goods at the hut (available 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Lighting is limited to common areas only. Bring a headlamp for the bunk rooms at night.
- Please be respectful of other guests and observe quiet hours from 9:30 PM to 6:30 AM.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed in moderation and should be consumed in a responsible manner. Please carry in/carry out all containers.
- Smoking or open flame are not allowed in or near any structure.
Packing & Equipment:
- Having the right equipment during your trip will greatly enhance your outdoor experience in the White Mountains. It is important to wear proper footwear, and carry warm clothing, foul-weather gear, food and water, and other essentials. Trail access to our huts can be exposed and can include stretches above tree line. Be prepared for severe weather regardless of season, dress in layers (including synthetic or wool base and insulating layers, and a windproof/waterproof outer shell), eat high energy foods, and stay hydrated. A sample packing list will be provided for you at time of registration.
Directions to the AMC Lonesome Lake Trailhead:
Lonesome Lake Hut, elevation 2,760′: Accessible from the southbound lane of I-93 Franconia Notch Parkway in Franconia Notch State Park with parking at Lafayette Campground. Park at the picnic area at the end of the south parking lot. The Lonesome Lake Trail is a relatively easy 1.6 miles to the hut, takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, and has 950 ft. elevation gain. Alternate approaches include the Cascade Brook Trail (3.1 miles to the hut, approx. 2.5 hours).