Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga Retreat | Crete, Greece
SUP YO RETREAT | CRETE, GREECE | OCTOBER 10 – 17, 2015
In collaboration with PaddleBoardYoga Chania
Imagine practicing SUP Yoga on the exquisite crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea on the island of Crete, Greece surrounded by the beauty of the dramatic coastline.
We will be staying in a 5-Star Villa at Mare Nostrum situated cliff-side over looking the Mediterranean sea offering spectacular panoramic views of Loutaki Bay. The beach and sea are only footsteps away via a private path. A magical place indeed, just 10 km from the city of Chania.
The design of MARE NOSTRUM has been made in such a way that the villa is completely independent and autonomous. Furthermore they are built in a location of rare beauty that combines perfectly sea and mountains. Enjoy connecting with nature; the fauna and flora, mountains and sea that surround you here at Mare Nostrum.
Your All-Inclusive Package Includes:
- 7-nights (8 days) Shared Accommodations in a 5-Star Private Villa with Private Pool
- 3-Meals per Day (Greek traditional homemade cuisine)
- Transportation to/from the Airport
- Daily Outdoor Yoga Classes
- Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga
- 1 Group Excursion to Balos Bay
- Use of Stand Up Paddleboards
- Use of Snorkeling Equipment
Included services and facilities of Mare Nostrum Villas:
- Full Kitchen
- Living Room
- Two Twin Beds
- Satellite TV
- DVD and CD player
Oct 10: Arrive in Athens anytime. Board a domestic flight to Chania ($49 approx and 30 mins). A Private Transfer will take you to Mare Nostrum. (Dinner)
Oct 11: Begin the day with a SUP Yoga class on the Mediterranean Sea. Spend the day as you wish. Outdoor Yoga class at sunset. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Oct 12: Rise & Shine Outdoor Yoga overlooking Loutaki Bay. 2 hour SUP tour after breakfast. Spend the afternoon as you wish. End the day with a Sunset SUP Yoga class. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Oct 13: Samaria Gorge Day Hike- 8 hours (optional but highly recommended) includes lunch and 30 minute Yoga Stretch at the Gorge. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Oct 14: Morning SUP Yoga class. Travel by boat to *Balos Bay, includes Yoga on the Beach. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Oct 15: Rise & Shine Outdoor Yoga overlooking Loutaki Bay. Optional city tour to Chania, includes lunch. Sunset SUP Yoga Class. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Oct 16: Morning SUP Yoga class. Spend the day as you wish. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Oct 17: Depart anytime. Private Transfer to Chania airport. (Breakfast)
Optional Add-On Excursions:
Samaria Gorge @ 75 euro/person (8 hours – includes lunch)
Spend a day hiking and admiring the dramatic landscape of Samariá Gorge, one of the most famous and most beautiful sites to visit in Crete’s White Mountain National Park.
Departure from the hotel at 06.30am to Omalos, appx 1.30 hr. Tour includes guided hike, lunch, swimming and some light yoga. Transfer is by boat.
City (Chania) Guided Tour & light trekking (includes lunch) @70 euro/person
Chania is regarded as one of the most picturesque, old towns of Greece. The “Old Town” consists of the old Venetian harbour and the small Venetian blocks located behind the harbour; it is characterized by narrow and picturesque alleys – similar to an enchanting labyrinth – full of life, and the plentiful remaining Venetian and Turkish buildings. The Lighthouse, the Fortress of Firka, the Mosque of Kioutsouk Hasan, the Great Arsenali and the Neoria have become landmarks of the city.
Balos Bay day trip with light trekking (beach yoga on destination) *Included in the package price
We will travel by boat to the exquisite, uninhabited famous lagoon of Balos Bay, one of the most photographed beaches in Crete. Here we will swim, explore some of the island, and enjoy a pink sand beach yoga class. Lunch included.
“Live in the sunshine, Swim in the sea, Drink the wild air” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
All-Inclusive Package Price $1,490 Early Bird | After May 30 $1,590
- Online registration options: Pay in full using the online registration below OR pay 50% upfront and by July 31 to secure your space, and 50%, final payment, by September 10. For payment plans, please email email@example.com. Acceptable forms of payment include: Check, Paypal and Venmo.
- To PAY BY CHECK or VENMO, please register online and use the code paybycheck (all one word) when registering – this will bypass any online payment required. If paying by check, you can then send your 50% payment to: SUP YO, 49 Newark Street, Haverhill MA 01832. If using VENMO, please be advised that a 3% charge will be incurred for a debit card transactions.
- Cancellations: All reservations are 100% refundable up to July 31, and 100% non-refundable after Aug 1. For this reason, travel insurance is suggested.
- Optional Travel Insurance is available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
- This retreat is for All-Level Yoga practitioners of all ages. If you love yoga, the outdoors, and traveling, this retreat is for YOU!
Increase Focus & Concentration | Increase Balance & Core Strength | Connect with Nature
Bookings are closed for this event.