Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga Teacher Training Certification
LEARN TO TEACH YOGA ON A STAND UP PADDLEBOARD
COURSE DATE: NOVEMBER 9-11, 2017
Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga (SUP Yoga) is the fastest growing on-water sport. Combine your passion for Yoga with Nature, learn to teach SUP Yoga and join the SUP YO team!
Our 25-hour SUP YOGA Teacher Certification course will be held in Florida’s largest urban park, BG Florida State Park, located on Biscayne Bay in the North Miami metropolitan area. The park, made of beautiful mangrove forest preserves and native South Florida plants and wildlife, is best known for kayaking, paddling, bicycling, hiking and camping.
BG Florida State Park is truly natures playground.
INCREASE FOCUS & CONCENTRATION. INCREASE BALANCE & CORE STRENGTH. CONNECT WITH NATURE.
This course will cover the following:
- Basic Equipment: Use and handling of Paddleboard, Paddle & Anchor, Paddle Types, Basic Board Layout, Transporting boards
- Basics of SUP: Land & Water: Entering/Exiting, Maneuvering, Proper Paddle Technique, Equipment Selection, Navigate Confidently and Correctly, etc.
- Paddle Skills continued
- Instruction for the SUP Beginner:
- Water Safety: US Coast Guard Laws, Water Safety, Rescue
- General Safety
- Logistics: Weather, Surrounding Environment, Varying Levels of Paddlers and Yoga Students, etc.
- On Land Lesson –Know before you go
- SUP Yoga: Anchoring, Classroom orientation, Building your foundation, Sequencing from beginner to advanced.
- SUP Yoga Gear: How to choose and use the correct boards for yoga. What gear is needed and legally required, what gear an instructor should always carry and how to use it.
- How to create a SUP Yoga Business of your own
- Registered Yoga Teacher – 200 hour or above
- Must understand/be able to properly use Stand Up Paddle gear.
- Must be comfortable on the water with strong paddling and teaching skills.
- Must be able to swim
- First Aid & CPR Certified
About your Instructor:
Jana Olenio teaches a Vinyasa Flow style of yoga on the mat and Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga on the water. Jana began practicing yoga in 2004 with the hope to reduce stress and anxiety. She began teaching in 2009 after yoga positively transformed and healed her life far beyond her expectations. Her goal is to help others heal themselves by bringing the gift of yoga into the lives of each student.
In March 2012, Jana took her yoga practice to the water and became a certified Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga Teacher. She started SUP YO in May 2012 in the Boston area where she teaches students how to practice yoga on a paddleboard. Today, Jana teaches SUP Yoga from May to September in several locations in MA & NH. The combination of yoga in nature along with the added fitness challenge makes the paddleboard the perfect place to practice!
- Registered Yoga Teacher – 200 Hour
- Certified Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga Teacher – 30 Hour
- Vinyasa Teacher Training – 30 Hour
- PaddleFit Certified – Level 2
Tuition: The cost of the training is $695. $645 Early Bird expires 8/31/17. A non-refundable $300 deposit is required to confirm your space for this course. If paying a deposit payment must be made by check only. The balance is due 4 weeks prior to the course.
Pay in full online: Please pay below in full via paypal (paypal has an option to use your CC and a 3.5% fee will be applied)
Pay by check: Check out using the code mailcheck and send your check to SUP YO,49 Newark Street, Haverhill MA 01832
What You Will Earn: SUP YO! SUP Yoga Certificate – 25 hours
If you are registered with the Yoga Alliance these credits can be applied towards your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Hours (YA CE). Must be RYT-200 to qualify.
Recommended Accommodation Options:
- Camp at the Cabins onsite at Oleta State Park $55/night RESERVE HERE
- Ramada Marco Polo located on the beach $179/night RESERVE HERE
- Newport Beachside $192/night RESERVE HERE
- Air BNB
When to Arrive:
- Please plan to arrive Wednesday anytime.
- You may fly into Miami or Ft Lauderdale, though Ft Lauderdale is recommended.
- Course will begin Thursday morning at 9 AM and end at 1:00 PM on Saturday
What to Bring:
- A “what to bring” packing list will be provided for you upon receipt of your registration.
- All SUP equipment will be provided onsite, if you are local and want to bring your own equipment you may do so
If you have any questions regarding this training, please don’t hesitate to contact Jana by phone 978-361-5394
“Whatever comes, let it come. Whatever stays, let it stay. Whatever goes, let it go.”
Go with the F L O W #supyoboston
Bookings are closed for this event.