Epic Patagonia Backcountry Adventure Retreat
WELCOME HOME! THIS IS ECOCAMP. OUR OFF-THE-GRID HOME BASE FOR THE WEEK
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ELEANOR ROOSEVELT
RETURN TO NATURE AT ECOCAMP PATAGONIA
DAY 1: YOUR PATAGONIAN ADVENTURE BEGINS!
The trip begins with you being picked up from your hotel in Punta Arenas or Punta Arenas airport in the morning and driven to EcoCamp Patagonia, located in the world-famous Torres del Paine National Park. En route we make a stop in Puerto Natales, a small, lively town on the shores of “Seno de Ultima Esperanza”, where we enjoy a hearty local lunch. The journey is scenic and highly atmospheric, featuring many wild birds and wonderful Patagonian landscapes. The day ends with our arrival, yoga class to stretch out after a long drive, and overnight stay at EcoCamp Patagonia, nestled in the heart of Torres del Paine National Park and with a prime view of the majestic Torres (towers of rock). Sunset is usually around 11pm during the summer months, meaning that there will still be enough daylight for you to admire the Patagonian steppe with its guanacos and snow-peaked mountain horizon once you arrive.
- Airport Transfer to Eco Camp, Lunch at Puerto Natales, Yoga Class, Dinner, Overnight at EcoCamp Patagonia
DAY 2: KAYAK AND BOAT TRIP TO GREY GLACIER
- Overnight at Ecocamp Patagonia
DAY 3: FULL TREK TO TOWER BASE
- Breakfast, Box Lunch, Dinner, Yoga Class, Overnight at Ecocamp Patagonia
DAY 4: OPTION TO CHOOSE A or B:
A. PATAGONIA HORSE RIDING
B. CYCLING THROUGH ESTANCIA LAGUNA AZUL
Once we are back at Laguna Azul, we will enjoy our box lunch with a beautiful view of the Towers and when we are ready to continue, the van will take us to the next bike track.
The second excursion is a 17 km biking track through Cañadón Macho, finishing at a junction with the road near Cascada Paine. Although the cycling is not too demanding, there are some sections of the trail that have some difficulty at the point where Cañadon Macho crosses a meadow and starts climbing, followed by an undulating stretch of descent, which is a little steep and rocky.
- Breakfast, Box Lunch, Dinner, Overnight at Ecocamp Patagonia
DAY 5: FULL DAY TREK TO LOS CUERNOS WITH OVERNIGHT AT REFUGIOS
- Breakfast, Box Lunch, Dinner, Overnight at Refugios Los Cuernos
DAY 6: FULL DAY TREK FROM LOS CUERNOS TO FRENCH VALLEY
After breakfast at Refugio Los Cuernos, we will begin the challenging trek to Valle Frances (French Valley), along a steep trail that leads to the very heart of the Paine Massif. How far in we go depends on our group’s trekking rhythm. A swifter walk will lead us to the hanging bridge over the French River, located at the foot of the south-east face of the Massif, where we will be treated to fantastic views of the valley.
We will then continue to ascend towards the upper section of the valley where we will be able to marvel at the extensive mass of the valley’s geological formations: Hoja (Blade), Máscara (Mask), Espada (Sword), Catedral (Cathedral), Aleta de Tiburón (Shark’s Fin) and the magnificent Fortaleza (Fortress). After our upward trek, we will pause for a picnic and relax a while. This day’s trek will end as we descend through an undulating terrain of mixed grassland and light forest which will take us to Refugio Paine Grande area where we will take the catamaran across Pudeto Lake and a private transfer will be waiting to take us to Ecocamp. After our arrival, we’ll have 1 hour to enjoy a relaxing Yoga class before dinner.
- Breakfast, Box Lunch, Dinner, Yoga Class, Overnight at Eco Camp
DAY 7: DEPARTURES
- Breakfast, Airport Transfer. Bon Voyage!
TORRES DEL PAINE
TORRES DEL PAINE WILDLIFE
“THE LIFE YOU HAVE LED DOESN’T NEED TO BE THE ONLY LIFE YOU HAVE.” ANNA QUINDLEN
Your Retreat Package Includes
- 6 nights / 7 days shared or single accommodations
- 6 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- 3 Yoga Classes
- 5 Daily Excursions
- Park Entrance Fees
- All Transportation
- English Speaking Private Guides
- Alcoholic Beverages
Choose your accommodations and payment option below
To pay in full, please check out below using Paypal or Credit Card.
To set up a payment plan and PAY BY CHECK:
- Mail $500 check to: YOLO ADVENTURE RETREATS, PO Box 273, North Andover, MA 01845 to hold your space.
- Final payment is due by January 16, 2019.
- Email email@example.com to set up a plan that suits you.
IMPORTANT: *IF YOU ARE MAILING YOUR PAYMENT* PLEASE CONTINUE TO REGISTER BELOW AND CHECK OUT USING THE CODE paybycheck (all one word, all lower case) TO BYPASS THE CHARGES. YOUR SPACE WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED UNTIL YOU HAVE REGISTERED ONLINE, BELOW.
All reservations that are cancelled will a incur a $500 penalty (your nonrefundable deposit). Reservations cancelled between January 16 and February 16, 2019 will incur a 50% penalty. No refunds for cancellations made after February 17, 2019.
Cancel for any reason trip insurance is available and recommended. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote.
When to arrive
- Please plan to arrive March 16, 2019 at Punta Arenas Airport (PUQ).
- Fly in/out of PUQ Airport. We can assist with airfare should you require assistance.
- Private Transfers are included and will be provided for you.
- Depart on March 22, 2019 from Punta Arenas Airport (PUQ).
What to bring
- Passengers need to be prepared for summer and winter all at once. Essential equipment includes a one day backpack (10liters – to carry camera, glasses, raincoat, etc), trekking or hiking boots, extra shoes for evenings or in case others get wet, waterproof jacket, two pairs of woolen socks, fleece jacket or sweater, shorts or comfortable loose pants, sun protection (glasses, hat, lip balm and screen) and optional non cotton long underwear
- A complete packing list will be provided for you upon receipt of your registration.
This retreat is for the outdoor enthusiast and nature lover. If you love the outdoors, being active, adventure and traveling, this retreat is for YOU! We are excited to share this experience with you all.
Love, Jana & Mark
Bookings are closed for this event.